Flood the world, I’ll find it anyway!
Hello scuba
divers!
| Our plan |
Usually I
describe recent events and diving-sites for which I travel through the
Netherlands. However, today I am going to highlight one particular scuba-diving
specialty course that I happened to do myself last Sunday: Search and Recovery.
SSI introduced this course a few years ago and it was one of the requirements
to become an advanced SSI diver. In this course, the participant practices to
control lift-bags under the surface and execute search patterns, either using a
compass or a rope.
We took the
exam on a Sunday morning. After the exam, my fellow participant and I discussed
our strategies. A lot of drawings and techniques later,
we finally agreed upon a particular search pattern. We went outside, gathered
our materials such as a deco-balloon and a lift-bag, we got dressed, and worked
through the last checklist.
I recommend
this course to every scuba diver since you develop a
lot of skills and learn a lot. My weekend was awesome and be
sure to follow my blog since I am going to describe a diving-site
close to home!
lot of skills and learn a lot. My weekend was awesome and be
sure to follow my blog since I am going to describe a diving-site
close to home!